On July 29, spend some time getting familiar with the myriad options available with your new camera. Instructor Bob Schwabik of the Roanoke Camera Club will help you learn:
- differences between film and digital
- how to get started with basic settings
- what all the dials mean and what they do
- what is exposure and what does it do
- what is aperture and what does it do
- what is shutter speed and what does it do
- how do all these settings interact
- lens types and options
Bring your camera AND its manual (necessary with all the differences on brands and even within a single manufacturer). This overview workshop focuses on the options found on the modern digital cameras, but many of the topics also apply to film.
The class is sponsored by the Camera Club and the Historical Society of Western Virginia and costs $6, the regular admission price for the museum. It will be held 9:30 a.m.-noon at O. Winston Link Museum and History Museum of Western Virginia, 101 Shenandoah Ave. NE, Roanoke, VA 24016 (Historical N&W Train Passenger Station).